How to Get Your SSCP® Certification
Here are the steps to get your SSCP certification from (ISC)²:
1. Obtain the Required Experience
Valid experience includes information systems security-related work performed, or work that requires information security knowledge and involves direct application of that knowledge. For the SSCP certification, a candidate is required to have a minimum of 1 year of cumulative paid full-time work experience in one or more of the 7 domains of the SSCP CBK. If you do not have the required experience, you may still sit for the exam and become an Associate of (ISC)² until you have gained the required experience.
2. Study for the Exam
Note: Effective April 15, 2015, the SSCP exam will be based on a new exam blueprint. Please refer to the Exam Outline and FAQs for details.
- Download the Exam Outline
- Get a sneak peek into each of the SSCP CBK Domains with these Webcasts from (ISC)²
- Buy the Official (ISC)² Guide to the SSCP CBK
- Take an Official (ISC)² SSCP CBK Training Seminar. These in-classroom seminars help you review and refresh your knowledge of information security. Conducted by (ISC)² Authorized Instructors, each of whom is up-to-date on the latest information security-related developments and is an expert in credential-specific domains. Or, sign up for (ISC)²’s Live OnLine course, available over the Internet in real-time – a convenient way to take advantage of our proven review seminars from your laptop or desktop anywhere in the world.
3. Schedule the CBT Exam
- Create an account at Pearson Vue and schedule your exam. The SSCP exam is available in the following languages: English, Japanese, Portuguese.
- Complete the Examination Agreement, attesting to the truth of your assertions regarding professional experience, and legally committing to the adherence of the (ISC)² Code of Ethics.
- Review the Candidate Background Questions.
- Submit the examination fee.
4. Pass the Exam
Pass the SSCP examination with a scaled score of 700 points or greater. Read the Exam Scoring FAQs .
5. Complete the Endorsement Process
Once you are notified that you have successfully passed the examination, you will be required to have your application endorsed before the credential can be awarded. An endorsement form for this purpose must be completed and signed by an (ISC)² certified professional who is an active member, and who is able to attest to your professional experience. With the Endorsement Time limit, you are required to become certified within 9 months of the date of your exam OR become an Associate of (ISC)². If you do not become certified or an Associate of (ISC)² within 9 months of the date of your exam you will be required to retake the exam in order to become certified. [(ISC)² can act as an endorser for you if you cannot find a certified individual to act as one.] Please refer to the Endorsement Assistance Guidelines for additional information about the endorsement requirements.
6. Maintain the Certification
Recertification is required every 3 years, with ongoing requirements to maintain your credentials in good standing. This is primarily accomplished through continuing professional education (CPE) credits. SSCPs are required to earn and post a minimum of 20 CPE credits (of the 60 CPE credits required in the 3-year certification cycle) and pay the AMF of US$65 during each year of the 3-year certification cycle before the member’s certification or recertification annual anniversary date.