How to Get Your CSSLP Certification
Here are the steps to become a certified CSSLP:
1. Obtain the Required Experience
- Have a minimum of 4 years of cumulative paid full-time professional experience in the software development lifecycle (SDLC) in 1 or more of the 8 domains of the (ISC)² CSSLP CBK or 3 years of cumulative paid full-time professional experience in the SDLC in 1 or more of the 8 domains of the (ISC)² CSSLP CBK with a 4-year college degree, or regional equivalent in Computer Science, Information Technology (IT) or related fields.
- Don’t have the experience? Become an Associate of (ISC)² by successfully passing the CSSLP CBT exam. You’ll have 5 years to earn your experience to become a CSSLP.
2. Study for the Exam
3. Schedule the CBT Exam
- Create an account at Person Vue and schedule your exam.
- Complete the Examination Agreement, attesting to the truth of your assertions regarding professional experience, and legally committing to the adherence of the (ISC)² Code of Ethics.
- Review the Candidate Background Questions.
- Submit the examination fee.
4. Pass the Exam
Pass the CSSLP examination with a scaled score of 700 points or greater. Read the Exam Scoring FAQs.
5. Complete the Endorsement Process
Once you are notified that you have successfully passed the examination, you will be required to have your application endorsed before the credential can be awarded. An endorsement form for this purpose must be completed and signed by an (ISC)² certified professional who is an active member, and who is able to attest to your professional experience. With the Endorsement Time limit, you are required to become certified within 9 months of the date of your exam OR become an Associate of (ISC)². If you do not become certified or an Associate of (ISC)² within 9 months of the date of your exam you will be required to retake the exam in order to become certified. [(ISC)² can act as an endorser for you if you cannot find a certified individual to act as one.] Please refer to the Endorsement Assistance Guidelines for additional information about the endorsement requirements.
6. Maintain the CSSLP Certification
Recertification is required every three years, with ongoing requirements to maintain your credentials in good standing. This is primarily accomplished through continuing professional education (CPE) credits. CSSLPs are required to earn and post am minimum of 30 CPE credits (of the 90 CPE credits required in the three-year certification cycle) and pay the AMF of US$100 during each year of the three-year certification cycle before the member's certification or recertification annual anniversary date.
Passing candidates will be randomly selected and audited by (ISC)² Services prior to issuance of any certificate. Multiple certifications may result in a candidate being audited more than once.
If you want to know more about how to get your CSSLP certification request more information.