Around the world, the need for cybersecurity experts is at an all-time high, yet talent is scarce. Research shows the workforce needs an influx of 3.4 million professionals to meet global demand. And that critical need is only expected to grow because of the ongoing challenges we face in our digital world.
Whether you’re just starting out or looking to change roles, cybersecurity is a smart career choice.
As part of our commitment at ISC2 to help close the workforce gap, we launched our pledge, One Million Certified in Cybersecurity, providing free online self-paced training and an exam for Certified in Cybersecurity (CC) entry-level certification. As the world’s leading cybersecurity professional organization, CC confirms you have the knowledge and skills you need to begin your first role. No work experience in cybersecurity or formal education is required. If you’re a problem-solver with an analytical mindset, CC is right for you.
Five Steps to Help you Achieve the CC Certification in 30 Days
Preparing for CC certification takes commitment. Where do you start and how do you stay on track? In this five-part blog series, we’ll detail five clear steps* that will help you get CC-certified in 30 days, including:
- Become an ISC2 Candidate and unlock free CC training and an exam.
- Schedule your exam right away using the free promo code you received when you became an ISC2 Candidate. Otherwise, the exam could become a moving target and the first thing that shifts to the back when new priorities pop up.
- Start your free CC online self-paced training course, which requires as few as 10-14 hours to complete.
- Sit for your exam at a Pearson VUE testing center. It’s important to note, you only get one chance to redeem your free training and exam, so make it count. If you are unable to make it to your exam, you must reschedule online within 48 hours or over the phone within 24 hours of your exam.
- When you pass your exam, we’ll send you an email inviting you to submit your certification application and pay your first Annual Maintenance Fee (AMF) of U.S. $50 to become CC-certified and an ISC2 member, with all the benefits it brings.
Take the Challenge
When you make it your goal to get CC-certified in 30 days, you’ll:
- Fast-track your learning. By immersing yourself in the training content, you’ll build your skills and master the topics more quickly.
- Boost your confidence. When you meet the 30-day challenge, you’ll take great pride in your achievement.
- Accelerate your productivity. Creating a sense of urgency will help stop procrastination from creeping in.
- Gain networking opportunities: Collaborating with learners in the CC study group will help you form connections with other aspiring cybersecurity professionals. And once you’re certified, you’ll have the opportunity to network with established cyber professionals who could help open doors in your career.
By committing to continuous learning, you can gradually transform your life. You could compare it to starting a fitness regimen. Just like walking 30 minutes a day can improve your health and well-being, setting aside the time to earn your CC certification within 30 days can significantly improve your cybersecurity career trajectory.
Do it for you. This five-part blog series will help you cross the finish line. In our next blog, we’ll look at how training can help you get Certified in Cybersecurity in 30 days.
* The steps outlined in this article are recommended to help guide candidates on their CC certification journey but are not required. However, to gain access to the free CC course and exam, becoming an ISC2 Candidate is required.
Read the entire blog series:
Blog 4: Get Ready for Exam Day