In our previous blog, we went through the five steps that can help you get Certified in Cybersecurity (CC) in 30 days. Let’s start walking through those first steps now.
As a reminder, make sure to sign up as an ISC2 Candidate. You'll gain access to a wide range of benefits that will help you start your cybersecurity career, including free Official Online Self-Paced CC Training and a promo code for a free CC exam.
Pro Tip: If you haven’t already, register for your CC exam. When you commit to a deadline, you create a clear timeline. And with your exam on the calendar, you’re on track to stay motivated. Do it now or your exam could end up a moving target and the first thing that shifts to the back when new priorities pop up.
Know What to Expect
Become familiar with the CC exam. Create a study plan by working back from the test date and block out time every day to prepare. Use the exam outline to become familiar with the topics you’ll be tested on. Then dive into your free online self-paced training.
The CC course allows you to learn at your own pace through an engaging learning experience and build a solid foundation of knowledge of the domains tested on the exam. The course covers five domains:
- Domain 1: Security Principles
- Domain 2: Business Continuity (BC), Disaster Recovery (DR) and Incident Response Concepts
- Domain 3: Access Controls Concepts
- Domain 4: Network Security
- Domain 5: Security Operations
Offered in English, Chinese, German, Spanish and Japanese, the training includes:
- 180-day access to course
- 14 hours of content
- Pre- and post-course assessments
- Knowledge checks and end-of-chapter study sheets and quizzes
- Interactive content with applied scenarios and podcasts
- Online interactive flash cards
- Certificate of course completion
Pro Tip: The CC online self-paced training course typically takes about 14 hours to complete. Dedicate enough time each week to achieve your goal of becoming CC-certified in 30 days.
In our next blog, we’ll look at how to stay motivated and on track to get Certified in Cybersecurity in 30 days.
Read the entire blog series:
Blog 4: Get Ready for Exam Day