Your Data Journey
Why We Collect Data
(ISC)² is an international, nonprofit membership association for information security leaders like you. We're committed to helping our members and professionals learn, grow and thrive. More than 130,000 certified members strong, we empower professionals who touch every aspect of information security. We achieve this by connecting professionals together to share insights, experiences and make an impact.
What Information We Collect About You
Whether you are creating an account on (ISC)² website, downloading a content piece, registering for an (ISC)² event or webinar, or signing up to our online educational resources or (ISC)² Community, we may collect a variety of information.
Your Data Journey as an (ISC)² Member
Your data journey evolves when you become certified and (ISC)² member. You get your membership pack and certification, as well as access to additional resources and member benefits. We collect a variety of data including First Name, Last Name, Telephone Number, Email Address, Mailing Address, Job Title, Company name, and we create a member ID number for you.
How We Use the Information We Collect
- Your data is always protected and never shared without your permission.
- When we collect data, we will use it to benefit you and to make your experiences better. We provide additional resources and content you have subscribed to receive. You can change your subscription preferences at any time by clicking here.
- (ISC)² members receive their membership packs via mailing. From time to time, we may use (ISC)² personal information to send important notices such as Official Member Communications – you cannot opt-out to these notices.
- On very rare occasions (once, twice per year), we will send opted-in members and professionals an (ISC)² resource by direct mail or give you a call to check how we can improve your experience at (ISC)²
- If you have opted-in for your information to be shared with sponsors, your data will be passed on to the relevant party on a one-time basis per event or webinar.
How Long We Keep Your Personal Information
It varies according to the information we collect and what it’s used for. If you are an (ISC)² member, there are legal requirements to keep data for as long as your membership is valid.
If you are not an (ISC)² member and expressed interest to receive content from us, we’ll only have it for as long as is necessary for the purposes for which the data was collected or for which it is to be further processed. However, you may contact us at any time to ask for your information to be deleted.