(ISC)² Cybersecurity Exams Approved for College Credits by American Council on Education
Six (ISC)² cybersecurity exams enable students and certification candidates to earn college credit
Clearwater, FL, May 28, 2019 – (ISC)² – the world’s largest nonprofit association of certified cybersecurity professionals – today announced that the American Council on Education’s College Credit Recommendation Service (ACE CREDIT®) has evaluated and recommended college credit for candidates successfully passing six of its cybersecurity exams. More than 2,000 colleges and universities consider ACE CREDIT recommendations in determining the applicability of coursework and examination results for their courses and degree programs. The recommended exams are listed in the ACE National Guide to College Credit for Workforce Training at http://www.acenet.edu/nationalguide
“Many of our exam candidates are professionals seeking to continue their education and pursue a higher degree,” said Chief Product Officer and Vice President at (ISC)², Dr. Casey Marks. “This status ensures that the work they are putting into earning their certification will complement their education, career and long-term professional growth.”
(ISC)² exams recommended for three hours of upper division course credit include:
- Certified Authorization Professional (CAP®) Exam – provides confirmation of a practitioner's ability to advocate for security risk management in pursuit of information system authorization to support an organization's mission and operations in accordance with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP®) Exam – validates an information security professional's deep technical and managerial knowledge and experience to effectively design, engineer, and manage the overall security posture of an organization.
- Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional (CSSLP®) Exam – tests the knowledge of candidates to validate that software professionals have the expertise to incorporate security practices – authentication, authorization and auditing – into each phase of the software development lifecycle (SDLC), from software design and implementation to testing and deployment.
The following exams are recommended for three semester hours of lower division course credit:
- Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP®) Exam – applies information security expertise to a cloud computing environment and demonstrates competence in cloud security architecture, design, operations, and service orchestration.
- HealthCare Information Security and Privacy Practitioner (HCISPP®) Exam – focused on the core knowledge and experience needed to implement, manage, or assess the appropriate security and privacy controls of a healthcare organization.
- Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP®) Exam –provides confirmation of a practitioner's ability to implement, monitor and administer information technology infrastructure in accordance with information security policies and procedures that ensure data confidentiality, integrity and availability.
ACE is the major coordinating body for all the nation’s higher education institutions and seeks to provide leadership and a unifying voice on key higher education issues and to influence public policy through advocacy, research and program initiatives. ACE CREDIT helps adults gain academic credit for courses and examinations taken outside of traditional degree programs.
For more information about (ISC)² cybersecurity courses, please visit https://www.isc2.org/Training.
About ACE Founded in 1918, ACE is the major coordinating body for all the nation’s higher education institutions, representing more than 1,600 college and university presidents and more than 200 related associations nationwide. It provides leadership on key higher education issues and influences public policy through advocacy. For more information, please visit www.acenet.edu or follow ACE on Twitter @ACEducation.
Celebrating its 30th anniversary this year, (ISC)² is an international nonprofit membership association focused on inspiring a safe and secure cyber world. Best known for the acclaimed Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP®) certification, (ISC)² offers a portfolio of credentials that are part of a holistic, pragmatic approach to security. Our membership, more than 140,000 strong, is made up of certified cyber, information, software and infrastructure security professionals who are making a difference and helping to advance the industry. Our vision is supported by our commitment to educate and reach the general public through our charitable foundation – The Center for Cyber Safety and Education™. For more information on (ISC)², visit www.isc2.org, follow us on Twitter or connect with us on Facebook and LinkedIn.
# # #
© 2019, (ISC)² Inc., (ISC)², CISSP, SSCP, CCSP, CAP, CSSLP, HCISPP, CCFP, CISSP-ISSAP, CISSP-ISSEP, CISSP-ISSMP and CBK are registered marks, of (ISC)², Inc.
Corporate Public Relations Manager