(ISC)² Announces Winners of EMEA Information Security Leadership Awards
Winners recognized for outstanding achievements in cybersecurity
London, May 8, 2019 – (ISC)² – the world’s largest nonprofit membership association of certified cybersecurity professionals – announced the winners of the 2019 Information Security Leadership Awards (ISLA) EMEA at a luncheon ceremony held at The World Forum, The Hague, Netherlands as part of the (ISC)² Secure Summit EMEA in April.
The awards program celebrates the accomplishments of individuals across both the private and public sectors who inspire change within the field of cybersecurity throughout the EMEA region.
“Receiving an ISLA EMEA award is an important badge of recognition within the cybersecurity sector. We’re pleased to be able to honour the contributions of these leaders in our industry, both within the (ISC)² membership as well as the wider IT and business world,” said Deshini Newman, managing director for EMEA, (ISC)². “The winners in the four categories exemplify the professionalism and pursuit of excellence that can inspire others to innovate. We were honoured to recognize their achievements in front of their peers and congratulate them at our annual Secure Summit event.”
The 2019 ISLA EMEA winners:
Senior Information Security Professional
- Winner: James Packer
- Project/Initiative: Setting up and leading the Security Operations team for KPMG, as well as creating and serving as President of the (ISC)² London Chapter
Woman Information Security Professional
- Winner: Chani Simms
- Project/Initiative: Founding the SHe CISO Exec. Initiative, along with leading and helping to coordinate a team of professionals to deliver the pilot boot camp in Sri Lanka with a focus on offering 100% scholarships to individuals entering the cybersecurity sector for the first time
Information Security Practitioner
- Winner: David Emyr Thomas
- Project/Initiative: Being the cybersecurity lead on a number of UK and European Connected and Autonomous Vehicles projects, and working with senior stakeholders in three other major UK government departments
Up-and-Coming information Security Professional
- Winner: Chrissy Morgan
- Project/Initiative: Being an IT security operations professional by day and a security researcher by night
A judging committee of (ISC)² members and senior personnel in EMEA reviewed the nominations and selected the winners based upon specific criteria and eligibility requirements.
For more information on the ISLA EMEA program, please visit httphttps://www.isc2.org/en/About/Award-Programs#emea.
Celebrating its 30th anniversary this year, (ISC)² is an international nonprofit membership association focused on inspiring a safe and secure cyber world. Best known for the acclaimed Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP®) certification, (ISC)² offers a portfolio of credentials that are part of a holistic, pragmatic approach to security. Our membership, more than 140,000 strong, is made up of certified cyber, information, software and infrastructure security professionals who are making a difference and helping to advance the industry. Our vision is supported by our commitment to educate and reach the general public through our charitable foundation – The Center for Cyber Safety and Education™. For more information on (ISC)², visit www.isc2.org, follow us on Twitter or connect with us on Facebook and LinkedIn.
# # #
© 2019, (ISC)² Inc., (ISC)², CISSP, SSCP, CCSP, CAP, CSSLP, HCISPP, CCFP, CISSP-ISSAP, CISSP-ISSEP, CISSP-ISSMP and CBK are registered marks, of (ISC)², Inc.
PR and Communications Manager, EMEA
+44 203 960 7812