Nearly 2,000 Cybersecurity Professionals Convene for (ISC)² Security Congress 2018 in New Orleans
(ISC)² members from more than 40 countries to share best practices, learn new skills and explore solutions to top challenges facing the cybersecurity profession
Clearwater, FL, October 8, 2018 – (ISC)² – the world’s largest nonprofit association of certified cybersecurity professionals – today kicked off its eighth annual Security Congress conference in New Orleans. Over the course of the three-day event, nearly 2,000 security professionals, including researchers, frontline practitioners and business leaders will collaborate on the industry’s most pressing topics, including cybercrime, compliance, critical infrastructure, cloud security, application security and more.
The conference kicked off today with a keynote address from Congressman Cedric Richmond, who currently serves on the House Committee on Homeland Security and is the ranking member of the committee’s Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Protection Subcommittee.
Other notable keynote speakers include:
- Jane McGonigal, world-renowned video game designer and inventor of SuperBetter, will present “How To Think Like A Futurist.” Based on her work as director of game research & development for the Institute for the Future, McGonigal will challenge conventional thinking and preconceptions with a primer in futures thinking based on the popular Stanford University course.
- Theresa Payton, former White House CIO and star of the CBS show “Hunted,” will present the session “Hype or Reality? Your Workplace and Blockchain, Cryptocurrency, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, & the Internet of Things.” Payton will explore whether new security technologies in the news today are hype or a true workplace reality.
- Dr. Jessica Barker, a leader in the human nature of cybersecurity one of the top 20 most influential women in cybersecurity in the U.K., will present “Why We Should be Optimistic about Cyber Security.” Dr. Barker will explore why pessimism is holding organizations back and the importance of being optimistic about the future of cybersecurity.
More than 100 Educational Opportunities, Career Growth,
Skills Competition and Technology Showcase
In addition to a diverse slate of keynote speakers, attendees can choose from more than 100 breakout sessions across more than a dozen security tracks, including cloud security; critical infrastructure; cybercrime; governance, regulation and compliance; incident response and forensics; identity access management; privacy; professional development; research; software assurance and application security; and cyber threats.
Attendees also will be able to participate in Panoply, a capture the cyber flag competition in which cybersecurity experts will put their pen testing, hacking and network defense skills to the test as they compete head-to-head with their peers.
Back again this year is the Career Center, where professionals can submit resumes to be reviewed by other professionals and hiring managers and receive advice on entering the profession or advancing their career.
Finally, more than 30 security vendors will be onsite to share the latest security products and solutions, including:
- Accudata Systems
- ACL Services Ltd.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Attivo Networks
- BAE Systems
- Black Hills Information Security
- Boldon James
- Chronicle Security
- Egress Software Technologies
- Focal Point Data Risk
- IOR Analytics
- Magnet Forensics
- Secure Ideas
- Security Metrics
- Stealth Security
- UHY Advisors
- Unified Compliance
- Virus Total
More information on (ISC)² Security Congress, including the full agenda, is available here.
(ISC)² is an international nonprofit membership association focused on inspiring a safe and secure cyber world. Best known for the acclaimed Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP®) certification, (ISC)² offers a portfolio of credentials that are part of a holistic, pragmatic approach to security. Our membership, over 138,000 strong, is made up of certified cyber, information, software and infrastructure security professionals who are making a difference and helping to advance the industry. Our vision is supported by our commitment to educate and reach the general public through our charitable foundation – The Center for Cyber Safety and Education™. For more information on (ISC)², visit www.isc2.org, follow us on Twitter or connect with us on Facebook and LinkedIn.
© 2018 (ISC)² Inc., (ISC)², CISSP, SSCP, CCSP, CAP, CSSLP, HCISPP, CCFP, CISSP-ISSAP, CISSP-ISSEP, CISSP-ISSMP and CBK are registered marks of (ISC)², Inc.
Senior Manager, Corporate Communications