(ISC)² Announces Expert Cybersecurity Speakers for Secure Summit DC
Clearwater, FL, April 19, 2018 – (ISC)² – the world’s largest nonprofit association of certified cybersecurity professionals – today announced the agenda for its Secure Summit DC (formerly known as CyberSecureGov) training event taking place May 7–8 at the MGM National Harbor in the D.C. metro area. A broad slate of distinquished, accomplished practioners from the public and private sectors will share expert insight into an array of issues facing the cybersecurity profession.
“(ISC)² Secure Summit DC presents an opportunity for the best and brightest in cybersecurity to come together to share the latest tools, techniques and best practices to protect our most critical information assets,” said Brian Correia, managing director for North America, (ISC)². “Our impressive lineup of speakers is full of groundbreaking ideas and insightful cybersecurity strategies.”
(ISC)² Secure Summit DC will assemble the best minds in cybersecurity for two days of insightful discussions, workshops and best-practice sharing. The event will equip security leaders to tackle today's threats, as well as arm them with the knowledge, tools and expertise to protect their organizations and advance their careers.
Registered attendees will be immersed in two days of insightful, strategic cybersecurity knowledge from speakers including:
- Marianne Bailey , deputy manager for national security systems, National Security Agency
- Stephanie Carter, lead information systems security officer, Department of Justice/Office of Justice Programs
- Sean Frazier, advisory CISO, federal, Duo Security
- Dr. Mansur Hasib, program chair, cybersecurity technology, the graduate school, University of Maryland University College
- Tiffany Olson Jones, chief executive officer, Distil Networks and member of (ISC)² Board of Directors
- David Kessler, public sector counsel, Verizon
- John McCumber, director of cybersecurity advocacy for North America, (ISC)²
- Bill Newhouse, deputy director, National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education
- Kathleen Patentreger, senior vice president of programs, Center for Internet Security
- Senthil K. Selvaraj, senior vice president, PNC Bank
- Prof. Derek A. Smith, IT program manager, Internal Revenue Service
- Mark Weatherford, senior vice president & chief cybersecurity strategist, vArmour
- Carol Woody, technical manager for cyber security engineering, Software Engineering Institute
To view the complete Secure Summit DC agenda and register for the event, visit the conference website here.
(ISC)² is an international nonprofit membership association focused on inspiring a safe and secure cyber world. Best known for the acclaimed Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP®) certification, (ISC)2 offers a portfolio of credentials that are part of a holistic, programmatic approach to security. Our membership, over 130,000 strong, is made up of certified cyber, information, software and infrastructure security professionals who are making a difference and helping to advance the industry. Our vision is supported by our commitment to educate and reach the general public through our charitable foundation – The Center for Cyber Safety and EducationTM. For more information on (ISC)², visit www.isc2.org, follow us on Twitter or connect with us on Facebook.
© 2018, (ISC)² Inc., (ISC)², CISSP, SSCP, CCSP, CAP, CSSLP, HCISPP, CCFP, CISSP-ISSAP, CISSP-ISSEP, CISSP-ISSMP and CBK are registered marks, of (ISC)², Inc.
Senior Manager, Corporate Communications