(ISC)² 2017 Security Congress Kicks Off with Record 1,900 Attendees
Largest gathering of (ISC)2 members to foster collaboration,
share industry best practices and advance the cybersecurity profession
Clearwater, FL, Sept. 25, 2017 – (ISC)² – the largest non-profit membership association of certified cybersecurity professionals – today kicked off the first day of its 2017 Security Congress, taking place in Austin, TX. Over the course of the three-day event, nearly 2,000 security professionals, including researchers, frontline practioners and business leaders will collaborate on the industry’s most pressing topics, including cybercrime, compliance, critical infrastructure, cloud security, application security and more.
Security Congress offers more than 150 educational sessions, and fosters collaboration with forward-thinking companies and security professionals. The conference helps to advance security leaders by arming them with the knowledge, tools and expertise they need to to protect their organizations from the latest cyber threats.
“We are very excited to kick off our seventh annual Security Congress,” said (ISC)² CEO David Shearer, CISSP. “This was not only the first year that Security Congress is its own independent event, but we completely sold out the conference. With nearly 2,000 attendees joining us in Austin, it’s clear that (ISC)2 members’ dedication and commitment to solving our cybersecurity challenges has never been stronger.”
The (ISC)2 2017 Security Congress includes:
- Keynote addresses from FBI Deputy Assistant Director Donald Freese; Juliette Kayyem, the former assistant secretary for Intergovernmental Affairs at the Department of Homeland Security and founder of Kayyem Solutions; and Ben Makuch, national security reporter for VICE News
- An expert panel exploring issues facing the cybersecurity professional, including a growing workforce gap and how to make the profession more inclusive and diverse
- Panoply, a capture the cyber flag competiton in which cybersecurity experts will put their pen testing, hacking and network defense skills to the test as they compete with their peers in a digital game of capture the flag
- More than 150 informative and best-practice sharing sessions across 11 tracks, including cloud security, cybercrime, critical infrastructure, incident response & forensics, government regulation & compliance, identity access management, people & security, and professional development
- Carreer center where attendees can submit resumes to be reviewed by industry leaders and hiring mangaers, and receive advice on enterirng the profession or advancing their career
- The America Information Security Leaderhip Awards program winners will be announced, recognizing leaders in the security profession
- More than two dozen leading security vendors sharing the latest technologies and solutions
More information on the (ISC)2 2017 Security Congress and the full agenda is available here.
(ISC)² is an international nonprofit membership association focused on inspiring a safe and secure cyber world. Best known for the acclaimed Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP®) certification, (ISC)2 offers a portfolio of credentials that are part of a holistic, programmatic approach to security. Our membership, over 125,000 strong, is made up of certified cyber, information, software and infrastructure security professionals who are making a difference and helping to advance the industry. Our vision is supported by our commitment to educate and reach the general public through our charitable foundation – The Center for Cyber Safety and EducationTM. For more information on (ISC)², visit www.isc2.org, follow us on Twitter or connect with us on Facebook.
© 2017 (ISC)² Inc., (ISC)², CISSP, SSCP, CCSP, CAP, CSSLP, HCISPP, CCFP, ISSAP, ISSEP, ISSMP and CBK are registered marks of (ISC)², Inc.
Manager, Corporate Communications