(ISC)² Harold F. Tipton Lifetime Achievement Award
The prestigious Harold F. Tipton Lifetime Achievement Award is considered to be the very highest tribute bestowed in the information security industry. This esteemed honor recognizes an individual for his or her lifelong contributions to the advancement of the information security profession. Named after Harold F. Tipton, CISSP, known as the “George Washington of information security,” the award is given annually to recognize those who have dedicated themselves to carrying on Mr. Tipton’s tradition of passionately promoting and enhancing the information security profession. It is with great pride that we acknowledge those who have committed themselves, and their careers, to furthering the ideals of information security by serving, over the long term, with excellence and distinction.
Harold F. Tipton Award Criteria
Candidates must either be a Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP) or a Certified Authorization Professional (CAP) in good standing with (ISC)², or a Fellow of (ISC)². Candidates must have demonstrated sustained excellence throughout their entire information systems security career.
- Qualifying individuals must be nominated by a CISSP or SSCP in good standing.
- Nominations will be accepted during the 6-month period leading up to the (ISC)² Annual Constituent Briefing (ACB).
- Nominations should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2013 Recipient: Dr. Eugene Spafford
- 2012 Prof. Hiroshi Yasuda, Dr.E, CISSP
- 2011 John O'Leary, CISSP
- 2010 Lt. Col. Husin bin Jazri (Retired), CISSP
- 2009 Sandra M. Lambert. CISSP-ISSMP
- 2008 The late James R. Wade, CISSP-ISSAP, ISSMP
- 2007 Dr. Jae Woo Lee, CISSP
- 2006 William H. Murray, CISSP
- 2005 Dr. Willis H. Ware
- 2004 Dr. Dorothy Denning, Fellow of (ISC)²
- 2003 Donn B. Parker
- 2002 Micki S. (Krause) Nozaki, CISSP
- 2001 Harold F. Tipton, CISSP and Prof. Corey Schou, Ph.D., CSSLP, Fellow of (ISC)²