SSCP® - Why Certify
People are the Key to a Secure Organization
Technological solutions alone cannot protect an organization's critical information assets. Employers demanding qualified information security staff give their organizations a leading edge by providing the highest standard of security for their customers', employees', stakeholders' and organizational information assets. (ISC)²®, the only not-for-profit body charged with maintaining, administering and certifying information security professionals via the compendium of industry best practices, the (ISC)² CBK®, is the premier resource for information security professionals worldwide.
Benefits of Certification to the Professional
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of information security
- Confirms commitment to profession
- Offers a career differentiator, with enhanced credibility and marketability
- Provides access to valuable resources, such as peer networking and idea exchange
Benefits of Certification to the Enterprise
- Establishes a standard of best practices
- Offers a solutions-orientation, not specialization, based on the broader understanding of the (ISC)² CBK
- Allows access to a network of global industry and subject matter/domain experts
- Makes broad-based security information resources readily available
- Adds to credibility with the rigor and regimen of the certification examinations
- Provides a business and technology orientation to risk management
Download the (ISC)² Global Information Security Workforce Study
- Hiring managers ranked employee competence and quality of work as the top two reasons to hire a credentialed professional.
- Nearly 90% of information security hiring managers ranked security certifications as important when selecting a candidate for a position.
- New threats stemming from mobile devices, the cloud, and social media.
- Salary increases reported in three out of five respondents.