NEWS FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
View the pdf version: English, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Simplified Chinese, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Urdu
(852) 3520 4001
(ISC)²® Announces Honorees for Annual Asia-Pacific Information Security Leadership Achievements Program
Fourth Annual ISLA Program to Announce New ‘Community Service Star’ Recognition and Showcased Honorees at Ceremony on 26 July in Singapore
Hong Kong, July 15, 2010 – (ISC)²® (“ISC-squared”), the not-for-profit global leader in educating and certifying information security professionals throughout their careers with nearly 70,000 certified members worldwide, today announcedthe honorees for its fourth annual Asia-Pacific Information Security Leadership Achievements (ISLA) Program. (ISC)² will announce four distinguished workforce initiatives led by the most outstanding honorees at the ISLA Gala Dinner and Ceremony on 26 July in Singapore. A new special recognition – ‘Community Service Star’ – has been added to the ISLA Program to commend an honoree who has significantly contributed to building or broadening security awareness within their community.
Through the ISLA Program, (ISC)² publicly recognizes the ongoing commitment by information security leaders throughout Asia-Pacific to build a highly qualified and ethical workforce, and broaden the public’s awareness of information security. As part of (ISC)²’s Global Awards Program, ISLA aims to recognize the achievements of outstanding information security professionals who have significantly contributed to the enhancement of the workforce by demonstrating a leadership role in an information security workforce improvement initiative, program or project.
Professionals were nominated in three distinct categories: Managerial Professional for an Information Security Project; Senior Information Security Professional; and Information Security Practitioner. Professional certification was not required for nomination. The 2010 ISLA honorees are as follows:
Information Security Practitioner Category
- Ms. Norhazimah Abdul Malek, head of Malaysian Common Criteria Certification Body (MyCB), CyberSecurity Malaysia, Malaysia
- Mr. Atif Nazar Ali, CISSP, manager, Networks and Systems, Central Directorate of National Savings, Ministry of Finance, Government of Pakistan, Pakistan
- Mr. Jackal Kin Wan Chau, CISSP, CISA, senior IT specialist, IBM, Hong Kong
- Mr. Frank Kai Fat Chow, CISSP-ISSAP, ISSMP, CSSLP, senior systems manager, Automated Systems Ltd., Hong Kong
- Mr. Hidekazu Kusaba, principal researcher, Mitsui Bussan Secure Directions, Inc., Japan
- Mr. Joong Gu Noh, CISSP, marketing team manager, GS Power Co., Ltd., South Korea
- Mr. Vijandran Ramasamy, CISSP, CISM, information security manager, ISM Insurance Services Malaysia Berhad, Malaysia
- Mr. Hsiang Jen Shih, CISSP, GCIH, GCFA, section manager, Information Security Service Center, Project Resource Division, Institute for Information Industry (III), Taiwan
- Mr. Sivanathan Subramaniam, CISSP, M.Sc., GCFA, manager, GRC Professional Services, IMPACT, Malaysia
- Mr. Hajime Yasuzato, CISSP, PMP, IT specialist, Hewlett-Packard Japan, Ltd., Japan
Managerial Professional for an Information Security Project Category
- Mr. Mohd Shamir b Hashim, PCIP, CEH, head of division, Cyber Security Policy Research, CyberSercurity Malaysia, Malaysia
- Mr. Ryuichi Inagaki, attorney (bengoshi), Ryuichi Inagaki Law Office, Japan
Senior Information Security Professional Category
- Mr. Chaiyakorn Apiwathanokul, CISSP, chief security officer, PTT ICT Solutions Company Limited, Thailand
- Lt. Col. Asmuni Yusof, CISSP, M.Sc., M.Soc.Sc., head of security assurance, CyberSecurity Malaysia, Malaysia
- Dr. Huei-Chung Chu, associate professor, Department of Information Management, Huafan University, Taiwan
- Ms. Maslina Daud, CISSP, ABCP, head of the Security Management and Best Practices Department, CyberSecurity Malaysia, Malaysia
- Prof. Robert H. Deng, Ph.D., professor & associate dean for Faculty & Research School of Information Systems, Singapore Management University, Singapore
- Ms. Christina Gan, senior director, Infocomm Security & Assurance, Infocomm Development Authority of Singapore, Singapore
- Mr. Satoshi Kayama, CISSP, JGISP, architect, Microsoft Co., Ltd., Japan
- Dr. Hong Geun Kim, vice president, Public Security Division, Korea Internet & Security Agency, South Korea
- Mr. Seok-Woo Lee, CEO & founder, Penta Security Systems Inc., South Korea
- Mr. Anthony Lim, CSSLP, FCITIL, M.B.A., director for Asia-Pacific, Software Security Solutions, IBM, Singapore
- Mr. Dong Hoon Park, CEO, NICS Tech Co., South Korea
- Ms. Raja Azrina Raja Othman, M.Sc., senior academic fellow, International Islamic University Malaysia, Malaysia
- Mr. Dae-Kyu Shin, director, Network Monitoring Team, Korea Internet & Security Agency, South Korea
- Mr. Joseph Po-Hao Tsang, CISSP-ISSAP, SSCP, MBCI, director, Payeasy Digital Integration Co., Ltd., Taiwan
- Mr. Philip Victor, SISP, director, Training, Skills Development and Outreach, IMPACT, Malaysia
- Mr. George Wang, CISSP, MAISP, M.B.A., director of Infrastructure Technology, Neptune Orient Line, Singapore
- Mr. Donald Wee, founder and managing director, Data Terminator Pte. Ltd., Singapore
- Mr. Onn Chee Wong, CISSP, CISM, CISA, CTO, Resolvo Systems Pte. Ltd., Singapore
- Mr. Kazuki Yonezawa, CISSP-ISSAP, IAM, QSA, senior consultant, Verizon Business, Japan
- Mr. Zahri Yunos, chief operating officer, CyberSecurity Malaysia, Malaysia
- Mr. Manu Zacharia, CEH, CHFI, director of information security, Millennium Consultants Inc., India
“We received an overwhelming number of nominations this year from diversified economies within Asia-Pacific,” said Dr. Jae-Woo Lee, Fellow of (ISC)², co-chair for the (ISC)² Asian Advisory Board (AAB) and Nomination Review Committee member for ISLA 2010. “We look forward to honoring thirty-three industry pioneers who have significantly improved information security workforce standards.”
“I’ve witnessed the growing importance of raising the security consciousness of not only professionals, but also end-users throughout local communities,” said W. Hord Tipton, CISSP-ISSEP, CAP, CISA, executive director for (ISC)². “We are proud to recognize a deserving information security professional with the new ISLA ‘Community Service Star’ achievement for making a difference in his local community by sharing his information security knowledge and expertise with everyday Internet users.”
For details about the 2010 ISLA Nomination Review Committee, please visithttps://www.isc2.org/InnerPage.aspx?id=6120.
(ISC)² officials will honor the ISLA honorees, the showcased workforce initiatives and ‘Community Service Star’ on stage at the ISLA Gala Dinner and Ceremony on 26 July 2010 at The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia in Singapore. Concurrently, the (ISC)² Security Leadership Event - SecureAsia@Singapore Exhibition and Conference -will be held on 26-27 July at Suntec Singapore. The keynote and opening address will be made by Mr. Chan Yeng Kit, permanent secretary of the Ministry of Information for the Communications and the Arts in Singapore. Prof. Fred Piper, Fellow of (ISC)², professor, Information Security Group, Royal Holloway, University of London, U.K., will also present a keynote address titled ‘Challenges of Information Security.’
For more information and to register for SecureAsia@Singapore, please visit www.informationsecurityasia.com. For further inquiries, please contact Charmaine Lam, assistant market development manager for A-P at firstname.lastname@example.org or +852 2850 6957. Members of the press wishing to attend should contact Kitty Chung, PR representative for (ISC)² Asia-Pacific, at email@example.com.
(ISC)² is the largest not-for-profit membership body of certified information security professionals worldwide, with nearly 70,000 members in more than 135 countries. Globally recognized as the Gold Standard, (ISC)² issues the Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP®) and related concentrations, as well as the Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional (CSSLPÒ), Certified Authorization Professional (CAP®), and Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP®) credentials to qualifying candidates. (ISC)²’s certifications are among the first information technology credentials to meet the stringent requirements of ANSI/ISO/IEC Standard 17024, a global benchmark for assessing and certifying personnel. (ISC)² also offers education programs and services based on its CBK®, a compendium of information security topics. More information is available at www.isc2.org.
# # #
© 2010, (ISC)² Inc. (ISC)², CISSP, ISSAP, ISSMP, ISSEP, and CSSLP, CAP, SSCP and CBK are registered marks of (ISC)², Inc.
Follow (ISC)² on Twitter and YouTube.