NEWS FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
View the PDF version
Merritt Group, Inc.
(ISC)²® Announces 2013 Security Congress Speakers
World's Largest Security Event Includes 81 Education Sessions Led by Top Cyber Security Experts
Clearwater, FL., U.S.A., September 3, 2013 - (ISC)²® ("ISC-squared"), the world's largest information security professional body and administrators of the CISSP®, today announced the line-up of speakers for its third annual Security Congress. (ISC)2 received over 350 submissions and narrowed down the selection to 81, featuring insights from the industry's top security experts.
(ISC)²'s third annual Security Congress will take place September 24-27, 2013 at McCormick Place in Chicago, IL. The event will once again be co-located with the ASIS International 59th Annual Seminar and Exhibits (ASIS 2013), bringing together more than 20,000 security professionals from around the world for three days of education, networking, and exhibits of security products and services.
"The 2013 (ISC)² Global Information Security Study revealed the top training areas in demand are cloud computing, BYOD, mobile device management, information risk management and end-user security awareness. The multitude of sessions around these key areas and the unprecedented access to networking at Congress are designed to meet the career development needs of today's information security professional," said W. Hord Tipton, CISSP-ISSEP, CAP, CISA, executive director, (ISC)². "This year's heightened interest in Congress shows that we are providing the unique content, resources and connections professionals need to stay ahead of the game."
The 81 programmed education sessions feature topics from malware to security ethics and cloud to mobile security. Must-see presentations at this year's Security Congress are comprised of discussions led by some of security's most prominent leaders, including:
- "International Government Summit - From Victims to Vigilantes: Cyber Security Strategies Going on the Offensive"
- W. Hord Tipton, executive director, (ISC)²
- Crawford L. Samuel, MSc CISM CITP FBCS GCGI, special advisor and project leader for International Cyber Security Protection Alliance (ICSPA) and former head of the Information Systems trade group in the British Army
- Scott Borg, CEO & chief economist, U.S. Cyber Consequences Unit
- Dave Tyson, treasurer, ASIS, and senior director, Information Security and CISO, SC Johnson
- Christopher Ling, executive vice president, Booz Allen Hamilton
- Adam Meyers, director of intelligence, CrowdStrike
- "Cyber Security - Where the Industry is Headed Next Year and Beyond"
- "Attribution in the Network Use of Force: Legal and Ethical Considerations With the Orlando Doctrine"
- "Red Team Testing: Identifying the Risk of Physical and IT Security Convergence"
- "How Hackers Fool End-Users -- and How End-Users Can Learn Not to be Fooled"
- "Taming the House of Cards: Creating a Resilient Enterprise"
- "Advanced Situational Awareness: Offense Informs Defense"
- "Mal-Aware Employees: Implementing a Scalable Behavior Modification Program"
- "Social Media & Cloud Computing Are Creating Threats to Privacy, Security, and Liberty - A Global Perspective 2013 Edition"
- "Malware Automation"
- "Merging Cyber Threat Intelligence and Operational Practices to Enhance APT Security Capabilities for the Public and Private Sector"
The full Security Congress program is available online, offering attendees the opportunity to personalize their event experience. Security Congress attendees will have access to all of the ASIS events including keynotes, networking lunches, and educational sessions. (ISC)² members are eligible for special discounted pricing. More details are available at https://congress.isc2.org/.
(ISC)² is the largest not-for-profit membership body of certified information and software security professionals worldwide, with over 90,000 members in more than 135 countries. Globally recognized as the Gold Standard, (ISC)² issues the Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP®) and related concentrations, as well as the Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional (CSSLP®), the Certified Cyber Forensics Professional (CCFPSM), Certified Authorization Professional (CAP®), and Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP®) credentials to qualifying candidates. (ISC)²'s certifications are among the first information technology credentials to meet the stringent requirements of ISO/IEC Standard 17024, a global benchmark for assessing and certifying personnel. (ISC)² also offers education programs and services based on its CBK®, a compendium of information and software security topics. More information is available at www.isc2.org.
# # #
© 2013, (ISC)² Inc., (ISC)², CISSP, ISSAP, ISSMP, ISSEP, CSSLP, CAP, SSCP and CBK are registered marks, and the CCFP is a service mark, of (ISC)², Inc.
Follow (ISC)² on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.