(ISC)² COVID-19 Response
As COVID-19 (coronavirus) impacts our lives and workplaces around the world, (ISC)² understands that our members and associates, as well as certification candidates, enrolled students and exam takers have questions about how the current health crisis impacts them. This page is intended to keep you informed of any developments and relevant information. This page will be updated as new developments arise.
(ISC)² Operations and Member Support
We are closely monitoring developments and guidance from organizations like the World Health Organization, U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control, and other local and regional health authorities.
What Members Need to Know
- (ISC)² Staff: Our global workforce, all regional offices and headquarters, are working remotely while maintaining service levels to members, associates and candidates. You can reach our Member Support team via phone or email within normal business hours. We continue to process endorsements, CPEs and all other normal support functions.
- CPEs: CPE requirements remain in place. CPEs are due at the end of your three-year certification cycle and not annually.
(ISC)² provides enriching continuing education courses through the Professional Development Institute (PDI). PDI courses are free to (ISC)² members and associates. These courses can be found under My Courses after you log in to www.isc2.org.
Our award-winning webinar series offers expert-led discussions on a wide range of security topics you can access at https://www.isc2.org/News-and-Events/Webinars.
We are continually adding additional free, online content to expand this already rich source of CPE opportunities to help you meet your CPE needs without having to travel or attend in-person meetings or conferences.
- AMFs: AMFs are due, as usual, on the anniversary of your earliest certification.
- (ISC)² Security Congress: Our 10th annual (ISC)² Security Congress will take place as a virtual conference this year. The renowned three-day conference, focused on industry discussion and continuing education for security professionals of all levels, will be online from November 16-18.
- Chapters: As a reminder, all (ISC)² Chapters are independent entities and not directly managed by the association. We are advising all (ISC)² Chapter leaders to cancel meetings to avoid any unnecessary exposure risk to chapter members and the people they may subsequently come in contact with.
What Exam Takers Need to Know
- Testing Centers Are Open: Nearly all Pearson VUE testing centers worldwide that administer (ISC)² exams are now open. For candidates whose exams had to be rescheduled due to COVID-19, as well as candidates yet to schedule exams, please check the Pearson VUE website at https://home.pearsonvue.com/isc2. You’ll be able to schedule your exam for a date and time that works for you, and help ensure your comfort level and confidence in participating in an in-person exam. If you don’t see a testing center near you, please check back often as more capacity continues to be added daily.
Our top priority is the health and safety of all exam candidates. Pearson VUE will share all necessary information with scheduled candidates, including assurances about appropriate measures being taken for cleaning facilities, social distancing and any requirements for personal protective equipment. All candidates will be required to wear masks during their exam. Learn more about health and safety requirements at Pearson VUE test centers here.
- Online testing for (ISC)² certification exams is not currently available. We understand the challenges the health crisis is placing on test takers, and we are aggressively exploring solutions that ensure the integrity of the certification process while making our exams more accessible. Learn more here.
- Exam Fees: If your exam is cancelled or rescheduled by Pearson VUE due to COVID-19, you will NOT be subject to any rescheduling fees.
- COVID-19 Reschedule Policy: Effective March 18, 2020 – November 1, 2020 there will be no fee to reschedule your exam appointment in advance. You must contact Pearson VUE at least 24 hours prior to your exam appointment to reschedule.
- Vouchers: If your exam was purchased with a voucher, your voucher will be extended to allow you to select a future exam date on or before December 31, 2020. All vouchers set to expire before July 31, 2020 have been extended to December 31, 2020.
- Save 40% on Training: To help you stay on track to certification during these challenging times, (ISC)² is offering a 40% discount on CISSP and CCSP Online Instructor-Led Training courses when you bundle with an exam voucher through November 30, 2020. Perfect for distance learning, these trainings offer all the benefits of in-person training, with the convenience of completing courses in the comfort and safety of your own home. Training seats are limited, secure your spot today.
- (ISC)² Courses: If you are enrolled in an Official (ISC)² online course, your access to that course will be extended to 180 days, and access to related courseware will be extended for a year. (ISC)² offers a host of online and on-demand exam preparation courses and materials at www.isc2.org/Training.
Please consult directly with your training provider for the latest status of any in-person courses in which you are enrolled.
Thank you for your membership and all you do every day to inspire a safe and secure cyber world, especially during this challenging situation.
Have any more questions? Please contact your regional Member Services team.