(ISC)² COVID-19 Response
As COVID-19 (coronavirus) impacts our lives and workplaces around the world, (ISC)² understands that our members and associates, as well as certification candidates, enrolled students and exam takers have questions about how the current health crisis impacts them. This page is intended to keep you informed of any developments and relevant information. This page will be updated as new developments arise.
We are closely monitoring developments and guidance from organizations like the World Health Organization, U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control, and other local and regional health authorities.
What Members Need to Know
- Our global workforce, all regional offices and headquarters, are working remotely until at least the end of March. We are dedicated to maintaining service levels to members, associates and candidates. You can reach our Member Support team via phone or email within normal business hours. We continue to process endorsements, CPEs and all other normal support functions.
- AMF and CPE requirements remain in place. AMFs are due on the anniversary of your earliest certification, and keep in mind that CPEs are due at the end of your three-year certification cycle and not annually. For those unable to travel or attend in-person events, we are making it easy to access on-demand CPE opportunities. The Professional Development Institute (PDI) courses are free to (ISC)² members and associates. Also, our award-winning webinar series offers expert-led discussions on a wide range of security topics you can access anytime here.
- All in-person (ISC)² Exam Development Workshops through May 2020 are being rescheduled to later in the year. Members will be notified of any changes, cancelations or new volunteer opportunities directly by the (ISC)² Exams team.
- As a reminder, all (ISC)² Chapters are independent entities and not directly managed by the association. We are advising all (ISC)² Chapter leaders to cancel meetings to avoid any unnecessary exposure risk to chapter members and the people they may subsequently come in contact with.
- We are hopeful that (ISC)² Security Congress will be held as planned November 16 – 18 in Orlando. We are watching developments very closely and following health authorities’ guidance. Attendees who register can cancel by September 4 and receive a full refund. We will keep registrants informed of any developments related to Security Congress.
What Exam Takers Need to Know
- Pearson VUE, our exclusive global partner for administering our certification exams, is keeping candidates apprised of any local impacts and precautions at test centers worldwide. You can learn more here. Pearson VUE will contact you if your testing center has been impacted by COVID-19 and if your exam will be cancelled and rescheduled.
- Online testing for (ISC)² certification exams is not currently available. Unlike many IT certifications that most candidates are familiar with, balancing reliability, validity, security and psychometric demands of (ISC)² professional cybersecurity examinations is a significantly complex and time-consuming endeavor. As a developer of ANSI accredited certifications, we need to ensure our exams continue to adhere to the same rigorous standards regardless of the administration method. We understand the challenges the health crisis is placing on test takers, and we are aggressively exploring solutions that ensure the integrity of the certification process while making our exams more accessible. As (ISC)² negotiates the significant challenges in exploring additional administration pathways, we appreciate your patience.
- If your exam is cancelled due to COVID-19, you will NOT be subject to any rescheduling fees.
- If your exam was purchased with a voucher, your voucher will be extended to allow you to select a future exam date on or before December 31, 2020. All vouchers set to expire before July 31, 2020 have been extended to December 31, 2020.
- If you are enrolled in an Official (ISC)² online course, your access to that course will be extended to 180 days, and access to related courseware will be extended for a year.
- Please consult directly with your training provider for the latest status of any in-person courses in which you are enrolled.
Have any more questions? Please contact your regional Member Services team.