Official (ISC)² CBK Training Seminars for the CISSP-ISSMP
An In-Depth Study of Information Management
The CISSP-ISSMP certification is for CISSPs who specialize in establishing, presenting and governing information security programs, and demonstrate management and leadership skills.
ISSMP Course Overview
Led by an (ISC)² authorized instructor, the Official (ISC)² CBK Training Seminar for the ISSMP provides a comprehensive review of information security concepts and industry best practices, covering the 5 domains of the ISSMP CBK:
- Security Leadership and Management
- Security Lifecycle Management
- Security Compliance Management
- Contingency Management
- Law, Ethics, and Incident Management
Several types of activities are used throughout the course to reinforce topics and increase knowledge retention. These activities include open ended questions from the instructor to the students, matching and poll questions, group activities, open/closed questions, and group discussions. This interactive learning technique is based on sound adult learning theories.
This training course will help candidates review and refresh their information security knowledge and help identify areas they need to study for the ISSMP exam and features:
- Official (ISC)² courseware
- Taught by an authorized (ISC)² instructor
- Student handbook
- Collaboration with classmates
- Real-world learning activities and scenarios
Who should attend?
This course is intended for CISSPs who have at least 2 years of recent full-time professional work experience in security management and are pursuing ISSMP training and certification to demonstrate mastery in security management to advance within their current information security careers. The training seminar is ideal for those working in positions such as, but not limited to:
- Chief information officer
- Chief information security officer
- Chief technology officer
- Senior security executive
- Understand and apply the fundamental Security Leadership and Management skills and knowledge in managing an organizations information security program.
- Understand and apply the Security Lifecycle Management processes and principles into new business initiatives, as well as the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC), including the operations and maintenance and disposal phases.
- Understand and apply the Security Compliance Management skills in establishing, managing, and overseeing a process to help monitor, assess and enforce compliance with security policies and procedures.
- Understand and apply Contingency Management practices in planning and implementing processes for reducing the impact of adverse events, such as natural and man-made disasters, virus outbreak, or equipment failure.
- Understand and apply the Law, Ethics and Incident Management practices that apply to the organization and the necessary knowledge and skill in developing processes for managing security incidents, coordinating with law enforcement and legal authorities, identifying and applying guidelines and keeping the organizations management informed of real or potential impacts.