BYOD: Bring Your Own Disaster?
Time: 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
The growing trend of employees bring their own mobile and tablet form factor devices into the enterprise has many security practitioners worrying about the further erosion of their perimeter and the risks associated with this increasingly popular practice. Coupled with the move to cloud-based services, today's organizations are less of a traditional enterprise and instead a dynamic ecosystem where IT and security alike are less creators and controllers, but more custodians and shepherds of services.
In this one-day event, we will discuss:
- Recent and emerging case law surrounding this trend, such as:
- Employee rights to privacy
- Legal liability
- Contractual obligations
- Compliance ramifications
- Cultural considerations inherent in this trend like:
- The rise of the Millennial as a workforce in a competitive labor market dominated by knowledge workers with high expectations.
- International considerations and their impact on IT expectations
- The growing world of "always-on" workers in a highly diverse and fluid labor market that is blurring the lines between worker and employer.
- Technical elements that are forming the foundation of this shift in computing ownership with a focus on:
- The role of cloud models, such as Software as a Service (SaaS) and how it creates a "perfect storm" of uncertainty when paired with mobile computing.
- Support models that take into consideration the wide range of computing platforms; Android, iOS, RIM, and Windows Mobile.
- What the future of data protection looks like, including methods of protection and monitoring and where these technologies are heading.
With a keen eye on developing strategies to manage the risks associated with this brazen IT trajectory, this live Security Leadership Series event will provide real world and actionable steps you can take back to your organization to put into play immediately.
Register at http://www.cvent.com/d/2cq35t/4W