CISSP® - Why Certify
People are the Key to a Secure Organization
Technological solutions alone cannot protect an organization's critical information assets. Employers demanding qualified information security staff give their organizations a leading edge by providing the highest standard of security for their customers', employees', stakeholders' and organizational information assets. (ISC)², the only not-for-profit body charged with maintaining, administering and certifying information security professionals via the compendium of industry best practices, the (ISC)² CBK®, is the premier resource for information security professionals worldwide.
Benefits of the CISSP for Professionals
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of information security
- Confirms commitment to profession
- Offers a career differentiator, with enhanced credibility and marketability
- Affords you exclusive benefits as an (ISC)² member, including valuable resources such as peer networking and idea exchange
- Indicates that certified information security professionals earn a worldwide average of 25% more than their non-certified counterparts, according to the Global Information Security Workforce Study
- Fulfills government and organization requirements for information security certification mandates
Benefits of the CISSP for Employers
- Positions candidates on a level playing field as (ISC)² certifications are recognized internationally
- Provides increased credibility for your organization when working with vendors and contractors
- Empowers employees with a universal language, circumventing ambiguity with industry-accepted terms and practices
- Validates commitment and years of experience gained in the industry
- Requires Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credits to ensure that personnel keep their skills current
- Satisfies certification mandate requirements for service providers or subcontractors
Download the (ISC)² Global Information Security Workforce Study
- Hiring managers ranked employee competence and quality of work as the top two reasons to hire a credentialed professional.
- Nearly 90% of information security hiring managersranked security certifications as important when selecting a candidate for a position.
- New threats stemming from mobile devices, the cloud, and social media.
- Salary increases reported in three out of five respondents.
Download the Entire Study
View the summary InfoGraphic Below!