Experience Waiver for CCFP
CCFP candidates are eligible to waive up to 1 year of professional experience if certain circumstances apply and with appropriate documentation.
The purpose of this waiver is to recognize the efforts of any CCFP candidate who has received a credential deemed as approved, and apply it toward a waiver of experience.
Candidates must have a 4-year college degree leading to a baccalaureate, or regional equivalent, plus 3 years of cumulative paid, full-time digital forensics or IT security experience in 3 out of the 6 domains of the credential.
Those candidates who do not hold a 4-year college degree leading to a baccalaureate, or regional equivalent, must have 6 years of cumulative paid, full-time digital forensics or IT security experience in 3 out of the 6 domains of the credential. Candidates without the required degree shall be permitted a waiver of 1 year of professional experience for holding an alternate forensics certification on the (ISC)²-approved list below.
The experience waiver for CCFP is limited to a total of 1 year. In other words, holding 2 or more of the approved credentials may indicate a solid foundation of knowledge, but it does not yield additional experience waivers. No candidate may claim both the 4-year degree and the alternate certification exemption.
Approved Credentials for CCFP Experience Waiver:
- 사이버포렌식 조사전문가 자격증
- EnCase Certified Examiner (EnCe) from Guidance Software
- EnCase Certified eDiscovery Practitioner (EnCEP) from Guidance Software
- AccessData Certified Examiner (ACE) from AccessData
- Certified Forensic Computer Examiner (CFCE) from IACIS
- GIAC Certified Forensic Analyst (GCFA) from SANS
- Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator (CHFI) from EC-Council
- Certified Computer Examiner (CCE) from ISFCE
- Digital Forensics Certified Practitioner (DFCP) from DFCB
- Digital Forensics Certified Associate (DFCA) from DFCB