||The mission of the regional (ISC)² Event Volunteer Planning Committees is to assist the organization in the development of robust and relevant events that will be of interest to (ISC)² members and other Cybersecurity professionals around the globe. The committees will use their expertise to lead the development of localized content and provide insight and guidance into each of their regions to ensure we are providing an attractive and relevant product to our members. Event Volunteer committees will be considered event and (ISC)² ambassadors and assist in increasing the exposure of our brand throughout their regions. They will be a valuable resource for (ISC)² staff in the production of the event, assisting with logistical tasks as needed, and will provide feedback and opinions on program growth and share the same vision for the future.
- Attend committee meetings to develop the program objective, format, content focus and session descriptions.
- Participate in the review and ratings of sessions as part of the ‘call for speakers’ process (if applicable).
- Assist with agenda session placement in a way that allows for optimal attendance.
- Help to identify additional potential topics and speakers and making the initial speaker contact to confirm (when appropriate).
- Help to identify and confirm potential sponsors, exhibitors, or other strategic marketing and/or partnership opportunities as warranted.
- Work with speakers to help them understand the participant demographics to develop a presentation that meets the participant’s educational needs.
- Attend the event (in person or virtually) to assist (ISC)² staff by introducing speakers, moderating sessions, ensure sessions start and finish on time, review audience Q&A submissions, make announcements and provide session feedback.
- Alert staff to potential problems that may arise preceding and/or during the event.
- Mentor new committee members during the onboarding process.
|(ISC)² Membership Required
- Can be a chapter member (no more than one (1) person per chapter can serve at one time).
- Demonstrated effective leadership.
- Willing to serve on the committee for three years, with annual review.
- Attend all committee planning meetings and calls (expected attendance of at least 75%).
- Potential committee members can be nominated by current committee members but are ultimately selected by (ISC)² Staff.
- Sign and submit the following to be kept on file with (ISC)²:
- Non-Disclosure Agreement
- Conflict of Interest Policy
- Volunteer Code of Conduct
- Duties for the Event Planning Committee (meeting, conference, or workshop) take place from approximately 10 months prior to and 2 weeks post event date.
- Volunteer Event Planning Committee Members have a standard three (3) year commitment with annual review to ensure volunteer can continue role. Annual assessment will focus on the defined participation/engagement criteria listed above as well as volunteer’s interest in staying involved.
- The work of this committee is done primarily through telephone/video conference calls and email.
- Email communication will be conducted by address provided by the committee member.
- Approximately 1 all day meeting (virtual only).
- Approximately 5-7 additional 1 hour meetings over 10 months of a planning cycle.
- Members are expected to attend all calls; if not available, the (ISC)² Team must be notified at least 24 hours in advance of the call.
||No travel is expected for this position. If so, travel will be compensated.
||10 months before event start date to 2 weeks post event start date
||1 Group A CPE credit earned per 1 hour of service
|CPE Submission Process
||(ISC)² will submit CPE credits on behalf of the volunteer
Gratis registration, flights, hotel accommodations for the event committee is planning