(ISC)² COVID-19 Responses
As COVID-19 (coronavirus) impacts our lives and workplaces around the world, (ISC)² understands that our members and associates, as well as certification candidates, enrolled students and exam takers have questions about how the current health crisis impacts them. This page is intended to keep you informed of any developments and relevant information. This page will be updated as new developments arise.
(ISC)² Operations and Member Support
We continue to closely monitor developments and guidance from organizations like the World Health Organization, U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control, and other local and regional health authorities.
What Members Need to Know
- (ISC)² Staff: Our global workforce, all regional offices and headquarters, are working remotely while maintaining service levels to members, associates and candidates. You can reach our Member Support team via phone or email within normal business hours. We continue to process endorsements, CPE activities and all other normal support functions.
- CPE Requirements: CPE requirements remain in place. CPE credits are due at the end of your three-year certification cycle and not annually.
- (ISC)² provides enriching continuing education courses through the Professional Development Institute (PDI). PDI courses are free to (ISC)² members and associates. These courses can be found under My Courses after you log in to www.isc2.org.
- Our award-winning webinar series offers expert-led discussions on a wide range of security topics you can access at https://www.isc2.org/News-and-Events/Webinars.
- We are continually adding additional free, online content to expand this already rich source of CPE opportunities to help you meet your CPE needs without having to travel or attend in-person meetings or conferences.
- AMFs: AMFs are due, as usual, on the anniversary of your earliest certification.
- Chapters: As a reminder, all (ISC)² Chapters are independent entities and not directly managed by the association.
What Exam Takers Need to Know
- Testing Centers Are Open: The global Pearson VUE test center network that administers (ISC)² exams is open for exam delivery. Local conditions that may impact exam appointment availability are subject to change. Candidates should check the Pearson VUE website at https://home.pearsonvue.com/isc2 to check for appointment availability and monitor any changes to existing appointments. You’ll be able to schedule your exam for a date and time that ensures your comfort level and confidence participating in an in-person exam. If you don’t see a testing center near you, please check with Pearson VUE often as more capacity continues to be added daily. For candidates whose exams were rescheduled due to COVID-19, please check the Pearson VUE website at https://home.pearsonvue.com/isc2 for availability.
Our top priority is the health and safety of all exam candidates. Pearson VUE will share all necessary information with scheduled candidates, including assurances about appropriate measures being taken for cleaning facilities, social distancing and any requirements for personal protective equipment. All candidates will be required to wear masks during their exam. Learn more about health and safety requirements at Pearson VUE test centers here.
- Online Exams: Online CISSP was pilot tested again February 28-March 14, 2022. Learn about the exam security, process and registration at https://www.isc2.org/Exams/Online-Proctor-Pilot-Test-FAQ. Read about the 2021 and 2022 pilot tests for online examinations on our blog.
- Exam Fees: If your exam is cancelled or rescheduled by Pearson VUE due to COVID-19, you will NOT be subject to any rescheduling fees.
Thank you for your membership and all you do every day to inspire a safe and secure cyber world, especially during this challenging situation.
Have any more questions? Please contact your regional Member Services team.