Partner of the Year Award
DEFINITION OF AWARD:
This Center for Cyber Safety and Education Partner of the Year Award recognizes a company or organization where they and/or their employees/members donate their time, talent and treasure, to support and advance the Center’s programs to deliver vital cyber safety programs and/or scholarships to inspiring a safe and secure cyber world. This must be a group or company effort of support not that of a lone employee or member.
Presented to one company or organization annually at (ISC)² Security Congress event.
Companies and organizations will be judged based on their support of our mission: To empower students, teachers and whole communities to secure their online life through cyber safety education and awareness with the Safe and Secure Online and Garfield educational programs; information security scholarships; and industry and consumer research.
Committee will assign respective scores corresponding to the extent they believe the nominee has demonstrated the below criteria within the following focus areas:
- Change Agent: How has this nominee influenced or stimulated others to effect positive change by supporting and promoting the Center and its programs, scholarship and fundraising efforts?
- Social Responsibility: How has this nominee assisted the Center in improving the community by the use of the Center’s Safe and Secure Online and/or Garfield’s Cyber Safety Adventures and/or Scholarship programs to teach and promote cyber safety in their community?
- Outreach: How did the nominee support the Center’s efforts through use of newsletters, website, blogs, webinars, local media and/or social media?
- Dedication: How has this nominee demonstrated positive values and behaviors that influence others to emulate or aspire to emulate their support of the Center’s efforts?
The Center for Cyber Safety and Education is proud to recognize our awardees. Recipients will receive a personalized, engraved award as well as the following benefits:
- Personalized, engraved award
- Certificate of Achievement
- Recognition throughout the Center for Cyber Safety and Education and (ISC)² websites
- Recognition throughout the (ISC)² Security Congress conference during award presentation year
- Recognition throughout Center for Cyber Safety and Education and (ISC)² Social Media channels
- Recognition within InfoSecurity Professional magazine
- One complimentary hotel night at Security Congress event in award presentation year, if onsite
- Complimentary Security Congress pass for each honoree and their nominator
- Recognition at and invitation to exclusive VIP Awards Reception, if onsite
- Recognition at Networking Night/Attendee Party during Security Congress, if onsite
- Press Release and blog post honoring award recipients
To better understand eligibility for nominees, nominators and award committees, please refer to (ISC)²’s Conflict of Interest Policy.
- Nominations are open to any business or organization who meet the criteria
- Nominee NOT limited to US only
- Self-nominations are permitted
- Businesses or organizations that have been honored in the last two years
- Nominations can be submitted by individuals, volunteers or employees of company or organization
- Both (ISC)² Members and Non-Members are encouraged to nominate
Your nomination package must contain the following components without exceeding the length requirement of two pages (max) per document.
- Completed nomination form hosted in submission system. The nomination form will require details such as:
- Relationship with nominee
- Account of nominee’s accomplishments for each of the award’s criteria
Please be sure to complete all required sections and save your work. You may return and finish your submission at any time before the submission deadline.
- Website for company or organization, name, address and email of best company contact. Company or origination history of community history of employment, degrees, research experience, honors, memberships, and service to the community through committee work, advisory boards, etc.
- Optional: A nomination letter with one-sentence citation (150 words). Letterhead stationery is preferred. Nominator’s name, title, institution, and contact information (phone number and email address) are required. The citation should appear at either the beginning or end of the nomination letter. The nomination letter should account for the accomplishments of the candidate based on the criteria established for this award.
- Nominated project must be completed outside of nominators’ normal duties and responsibilities.
- Submissions must align with the category for which they are nominated and requires completeness and accuracy of the information provided. Nominators may be contacted by The Center for Cyber Safety and Education staff regarding the nomination package requirements or to clarity or confirm the accuracy of any information provided.
- Multiple nominations of same nominee do not increase chances of winning.
- Nominators can submit several nominations, including several for the same nominee in different categories, as long as the profile and project stay relevant to the category. A separate form is required for each entry, even if you are submitting the same person for more than one category. However, you may not nominate the same individual in the same category, more than once, and you may not nominate the same person with the same project for different categories. The project must be different and appropriate to the category.
- An individual cannot win the same category for two years in a row. Award recipients can be nominated and chosen for another award different from the award received previously.
- If the nominee does not want some of the information on the application known, the nominator may indicate which parts of the application should be kept confidential. Further, the information will only be used to judge against criteria and will not be distributed outside of the committee or announced publicly, without express consent of the company and the nominee.
- All submissions must be in English. Supporting documents and any material submitted that is not in English will not be considered. Please also provide a brief description of the document in English, if only a local language supporting document is available.
- Guidelines and procedures may be changed at the discretion of The Center for Cyber Safety and Education.