(ISC)² Mid-Career Professional Award
DEFINITION OF AWARD:
The (ISC)² Mid-Career Award recognizes an individual who is at the mid-career stage and has demonstrated commitment and achievement in their profession. Candidates must have 6-9 years of work experience directly related to cybersecurity.
Presented to one awardee per region annually at (ISC)² Security Congress event.
Below are the criteria evaluated for this award:
- Leadership: Describe how the nominee has shown exemplary leadership, vision and inspiration to others. How did they positively influence others to build a culture of consensus and teamwork? How did they develop trust and credibility through open, respectful communication? Please describe in detail the extent of their initiative, responsibilities, and resourcefulness.
- Impact: Describe how the nominee has shown exemplary leadership, vision and inspiration to others. How did they positively influence others to build a culture of consensus and teamwork? How did they develop trust and credibility through open, respectful communication? Please describe in detail the extent of their initiative, responsibilities, and resourcefulness.
- Innovation: Please describe the nominee’s innovative accomplishments. How did this innovation bring fundamental change to the organization/industry?
- Dedication: Describe the nominee’s dedication in contributing to and advancing the profession? How did the nominee’s dedication influence others?
(ISC)² is proud to honor our awardees by providing the following benefits. Recipients will receive:
- Personalized, engraved award
- Certificate of Achievement
- Recognition during (ISC)² Security Congress conference
- Complimentary Security Congress pass for each honoree and their nominator
- Press Release and recognition on the (ISC)²’s website and other communication channels honoring award recipients
- One night hotel accommodation
- Invitation to and recognition at exclusive VIP Awards Reception, if onsite
- Recognition at Networking Night/Attendee Party during Security Congress, if onsite
To better understand eligibility for nominees, nominators, and award committees, please refer to (ISC)²’s Conflict of Interest Policy.
- Nominations are open to all professionals, both (ISC)² members and non-members, who meet the criteria.
- Candidates must have at least 6 years of work experience, 3 of which must be directly related to cybersecurity.
- Self-nominations are not permitted.
- (ISC)² Board of Directors, senior officers and staff
- Nominations can be submitted by all professionals (cyber, information, software, infrastructure security professionals, educators or management).
- Both (ISC)² members and non-members are encouraged to nominate.
- Nominator should be in compliance with (ISC)²’s Conflict of Interest Policy and Non-Disclosure Agreement
- Duplicate nominations for the same individual will not be accepted. However, one co-nominator is permitted (but not required) per nomination.
- (ISC)² Board of Directors, staff, and Awards committee are ineligible for nomination.
Your nomination package must contain the following components without exceeding the length requirement of two pages (max) per document.
- Completed nomination form hosted in (ISC)²’s submission system. The nomination form will require details such as:
- Relationship with nominee
- Account of nominee's accomplishments for each of the award's criteria
- A curriculum vitae or Linked-in profile link for the nominee (non-prescriptive). Include the candidate’s name, address and email, history of employment, degrees, research experience, honors, memberships, and service to the community through committee work, advisory boards, etc.
- Optional: A nomination letter with one-sentence citation (150 characters or less). Letterhead stationery is preferred. Nominator’s name, title, institution, and contact information (phone number and email address) are required. The citation should appear at either the beginning or end of the nomination letter. The nomination letter should account for the accomplishments of the candidate based on the criteria established for this award.
- Submissions must align with the category for which they are nominated and requires completeness and accuracy of the information provided. Nominators may be contacted by (ISC)² staff regarding the nomination package requirements or to clarity or confirm the accuracy of any information provided.
- Nominators may not nominate the same individual with the same project/initiative under multiple categories.
- Multiple nominations of same nominee do not increase chances of winning.
- Nominators can submit several nominations, including several for the same nominee in different categories, as long as the profile and project stay relevant to the category. A separate form is required for each entry, even if you are submitting the same person from more than one category. However, you may not nominate the same individual in the same category, more than once, and you may not nominate the same person with the same project for different categories. The project must be different and appropriate to the category.
- An individual cannot win the same category for two years in a row. Award recipients can be nominated and chosen for another award different from the award received previously.
- If the nominee does not want some of the information on the application known, the nominator may indicate which parts of the application should be kept confidential. Further, the information will only be used to judge against criteria and will not be distributed outside of the committee or announced publicly, without express consent of the company and the nominee.
- All submissions must be in English. Supporting documents and any material submitted that is not in English will not be considered. Please also provide a brief description of the document in English, if only a local language supporting document is available.
- Guidelines and procedures may be changed at the discretion of (ISC)².
For questions or to request more information, please email email@example.com.