(ISC)² Inclusion Impact Award
DEFINITION OF AWARD:
The Inclusion Impact Award is presented to an individual who demonstrates achievement and leadership in supporting the (ISC)² DEI vision to foster and advance a diverse, equitable and inclusive cyber world. This individual has made significant contributions to driving a more diverse workforce in the global cybersecurity community by initiating and leading actions to remove barriers and positively impact the diversity, equity and inclusion of the cyber profession through engagement activities such as scholarships, advocacy, training/education or nonprofit work, serving as a strong ally for diverse communities, or other means to create a level playing field for the inclusion of all individuals in the world of cybersecurity.
Presented annually at the (ISC)² Security Congress event.
Below are the criteria evaluated for this award:
- Leadership & Character
- How has the nominee significantly promoted diversity, equity, inclusion, belonging and cultural competency development?
- Does the nominee promote or demonstrate the core values and behaviors set out in the (ISC)² DEI mission statement?
(ISC)² DEI Mission Statement:
To remain committed to diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging across ethnicity, race, gender, age, religion, ability, status, identity, perspective and experience.
We are fueled by these differences that not only help to generate the innovative ideas we need to solve the complex problems facing our society, organisations and the cybersecurity community globally, but also what we need to collectively learn, grow and thrive.
- Does the nominee demonstrate the impact of, and positive outcomes from, an intersectional approach (viewing personal demographics such as age, ethnicity, sexual orientation, neurodivergence, veteran status, social mobility, disability and gender in combination instead of in isolation).
- How has the nominee demonstrated commitment to ensuring that DEI principles are core to their area of work and the cyber profession?
- What evidence if increased DEI principles is there in their work, in policy and services delivery as a result of a focus on DEI programming and advocacy?
- How has the nominee led initiatives in capturing outcomes of increased awareness, understanding or promoting diversity, equity, inclusion, belonging and cultural competency?
- Impact & Sustainability
- Explain how the nominee improved diversity, equity, inclusion belonging and cultural competency through educational, programming and advocacy initiatives.
- How has the nominee made an impact beyond their immediate team/business area/department?
- Will the initiative/practice described leave a lasting legacy and can it be replicated throughout the cyber community and/or globally?
- Industry Engagement
- Describe how the nominee created partnerships between organizations, leaders, managers and/or employees to resolve and elevate diversity issues.
- How has the nominee implemented steps toward fostering diversity, equity, inclusion, belonging and cultural competency with programs that maximize the potential of all people across the globe?
- In what ways has the nominee addressed key areas of diversity, equity, inclusion, belonging and cultural competency such as recruitment, advancement, and retention?
- How has the nominee promoted diversity education and training in various professional and community spaces?
(ISC)² is proud to honor our awardees by providing the following benefits. Recipients will receive:
- Personalized, engraved award
- Certificate of Achievement
- Recognition during (ISC)² Security Congress conference
- Complimentary Security Congress pass for each honoree and their nominator
- Press Release and recognition on the (ISC)²’s website and other communication channels honoring award recipients
- One night hotel accommodation
- Invitation to and recognition at exclusive VIP Awards Reception, if onsite
- Recognition at Networking Night/Attendee Party during Security Congress, if onsite
To better understand eligibility for nominees, nominators, and award committees, please refer to (ISC)²’s Conflict of Interest Policy.
- (ISC)² Members and Non-Members
- Self-nominations are not permitted
- (ISC)² Board of Directors, senior officers and staff
- Corporate Officers, Vice Presidents, Regional Managing Directors, Cybersecurity Advocates, Senior Managers or (ISC)² Senior Staff
- (ISC)² Members
For questions or to request more information, please email email@example.com.