(ISC)² Diversity Award
DEFINITION OF AWARD:
The Diversity Award is presented to an individual who represents the core values of (ISC)² through significant contributions to driving a more diverse workforce in the cybersecurity community. This awardee will have significantly impacted the advancement of diversity in our field through some type of engagement activities such as scholarships, advocacy, nonprofit work or other means to create a level playing field for the inclusion of all individuals in the world of cybersecurity.
Presented annually at the (ISC)² Security Congress event.
Below are the criteria evaluated for this award:
Leadership & Character
- Significantly promote diversity, inclusion and cultural competency development
- Promotion or demonstration of the core values and behaviors set out in the (ISC)² mission statement
(ISC)² Mission Statement: Support and provide members and constituents with credentials, resources, and leadership to address cyber, information, software and infrastructure security to deliver value to society.
- Lead initiatives in capturing outcomes of increased awareness, understanding or promoting diversity
- Has the nominee acted (where relevant) with honesty, integrity, impartiality and objectivity?
Impact and Sustainability
- Has the nominee made an impact beyond their immediate team/business area/department?
- Will the initiative/practice described leave a lasting legacy and can it be replicated?
- Improving cultural competency through educational initiatives
- Creating partnerships between managers and employees to resolve diversity issues
- Implement steps toward fostering diversity with programs that maximize the potential of all people
- Address key areas of diversity and inclusion such as recruitment, and retention
- Promoting diversity education and communication ideas
(ISC)² is proud to recognize our awardees. Recipients will receive a personalized, engraved award as well as the following benefits:
- Recognition throughout the (ISC)² Security Congress during award presentation year
- Recognition within InfoSecurity Professional Magazine
- Complimentary conference passes for each honoree and their nominator to attend the award ceremony during Virtual Security Congress
- Press release and blog post announcing all award recipients
To better understand eligibility for nominees, nominators, and award committees, please refer to (ISC)²’s Conflict of Interest Policy.
- (ISC)² members or non-members
- Self-nominations are not permitted.
- (ISC)² Board of Directors, senior officers and staff.
- (ISC)² Board of Directors
- Corporate Officers, Vice Presidents, Regional Managing Directors, Cybersecurity Advocates, Senior Managers, or (ISC)²Senior Staff
- Chapter Officers